Sunday, September 21, 2008

Can You Say Concussion

This week has been slow. I am dealing with a slight head injury from last night. Sugar Bears and I were rough housing and he decided to take a dive to my forehead. Yay, that was fun. I must have cried for 10 mins. Now, it takes a lot of pain for me to cry. It's a beautiful green color today accompanied with nausea and plain ole' yuckness. Nothing extraordinary happened this week except everyday living. So here is some of it.
~My latest loves~

Survivor Man Rocks

This is such an awesome show. Especially for people who dwell on the end of the world. Great survival skills. good for homeschooling.

~Yarn Cake~

This is what happens when you wind a hank of yarn on a swift and ball winder. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I want it, got to have it. This is the yarn I got from my secret spoiler. I love this yarn. It is so soft and awesome. The funny thing is, I would have never picked this yarn out for myself and now I am in love with it. The texture is sooooo nice and soft, plus I keep sniffing it. LOVE.

This is what I am making. The Branching Out Scarf.

It's turning into one of my favorite projects. I am making it for my aunt Pat. Who is just an awesome person.

~I finished Sugar Bears Skaterboy hat. ~

~Homeschooling Update ~

Yes, this is what I teach the kids, how to be poker sharks with Sugey in the lead.
Just kidding.
Sort of (:
~We are still on our Rock Unit. Here is the rest of the song as promised.~
"Sedimentary rock
Has been formed in layers
Often found near water sources
With Fossils from decayers
~
Then there's Igneous rock
Here since Earth was born
Molten Lava, cooled and hardened
That's how it is formed
~
These two types of rocks
Can also be transformed
With pressure, heat and chemicals
Metamorphic they'll become
~
The kids spent time identifying the rock specimens. That was a lot of fun.
Here are some links I used that were really helpful
~
~
~



So this is a random picture of the week.
Isn't the sky super beautiful. You have to take the time in your life to notice the simple things. Beauty is everywhere.

1 comment:

Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

I love the Branching Out scarf, too. Your colors are very pretty.

I hope you are feeling okay
now ;( No fun!