Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Devastating


Sometimes in our lives we are faced with obstacles we aren't sure we can survive. We are pushed to our limits, yet keep on going. Halloween night, I was met with one. It was a life changing experience. I was pushed well beyond my means and each day after, has been a struggle. I have gotten through each day and each night since, with much surprise to myself. We truly never understand how quick life can be taken from us. Some of us that have faced death and have learned from it, know how precious it is. Each moment, every sight, touch, smell, every breath you take, is a gift. None of us can say we know for sure what happens after we die, and that is the scariest thought ever. What we need is faith. I have faith in the human spirit. Through the kindness of others, I have learned a lot. It is amazing how much love people have to give if you just ask. It is amazing how we are all similar in many ways and don't even know it, until we ask for help. Now, it is my turn to give back. Even though I know for sure I will never be the same, I do know it has changed me for the better. It is so hard to see at first that everything is a learning experience. But, to be able to learn is also a gift. The best gift of all is love.
~
This is a gift for a very special person who helped me more than she will ever know. Nurse Christine, who works in the CCU Unit of Memorial Hospital, is such a wonderful spirit.

This is what I can give to her. Warmth and love in every single stitch. We have to remember to always thank the people that go above and beyond, and don't even realize it. Thank you Christine, from the bottom of my heart.

No comments: