Monday, March 2, 2009

Swamp Camping Part 1

Camping with the Big Dogs


~

Again


~
Out in the Big Cypress Swamp


~




~

Was it fun?

Of course. I'm not sure if the good equaled the bad, but there were things that I would have never seen before. Including the Civil War Reenactment and the nighttime Swamp Buggy ride. We all came home with the flu. Daryn had to leave Saturday morning. Overall, I LOVE camping with Pack 100. It was a bit sad that some of us moved on to the Boy Scout Troop and won't be camping with us for a while. But good friends will always remain good friends, no matter how far apart.

~
I even got to knit some. I almost finished the Everlasting Bag-Stopper I am making for my sister. Late as usual.

~
~
I also got to meet some cool weavers and knitters.

~
They taught me how to make this cording on a Lucet.

Lucet Instructions
~
Me
While Knitting
~
Bought this for Daryn from the many vendors.
Which was a HUGE plus while camping.
~

Lots of neat animals.


~

Indeed, this is true.


~

Armadillo
Unusually soft.

~
This one didn't make it.

~



~~Lots of displays~~

~

~
Back to the living ones.
They do smell really bad, especially at night.

~
She was crying a lot. Might have been pregnant.
We also saw one in the wild at night on the Buggy Ride.
~
Anyone hear of shearing??
~

I'm rethinking this whole sheep idea.

What the heck happened....
~
Buzzard showing off.
These are BIG BIRDS.
~

Let's take a short break for a temper tantrum.


~

OK, we are good now. (;

~

~



~
Outside the Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum

Cattle Markings


~

I Spy the INFAMOUS teenager.

Can you?

~

The Seminoles do these beautiful dances. The women keep the tempo while the men sing.


~

This is how small the tribe area was years ago.

~

Night-time Camping

The moon next to a planet.

~

What do we do at night??

We play!!!
~


Then we wake up sick and have to go home.

The morning Daryn had to leave. Poor thing. She was the first of us to get sick.

No comments: