Friday, March 14, 2008

Yarn is a Life Saver

Yes, you read that right. Yarn has saved my life. Yarn, yarn, yarn. It has gotten me through life, death, and even panic attacks. What would I do without it. Knitting is like a warm hug to my soul. With each knit, with each purl, I am putting my thoughts and being into a work of art. Creating a piece of myself through a web of wool. I am grateful for such simple things in life. It is calming and centering, each time the yarn pulls through my fingers. To give the gift of knitting, is priceless.


This my Dexter's Canvas. I LOVE this yarn. It is from the show Dexter, who is a serial killer, so the yarn represents blood splatters. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I love knitting to Dexter. It is made by a wonderful yarn artist, Carrie, at Cosmic Fibers. http://www.socksinthecitypodcast.blogspot.com/ She even dyes yarn to the Harry Potter Series. WONDERFUL! Sometimes, you just gotta escape into T.V. Land.



This is my latest sock yarn. The colorway is Moody Blues. Very pretty and soft.

The Cuddle Bear
This is my own design. I started making these a few years ago. I like to embroider the baby's name on the front. It has two sides, a happy one, and a sad one.
This is my oldest daughter, happily displaying mommy's creation.

1 comment:

QueSarah said...

Beautifully said. Yarn does a lot for us knitters, like bringing us all together :-)
Wonderful new yarn, by the way!