Friday, January 30, 2009

Snowberries and Fishtails

Question of the week: What is my favorite way to keep warm when it is snowing. Well, for me, I live in Florida and have only seen snow twice. If I were to be in snow, it would be by a lovely fireplace with some classical music on, and knitting in my lap, with my children around me.
~
BUT
Here is what us Floridians do during winter. (:
We go strawberry picking.
~
~
This place was so awesome and I definitely recommend it for anyone that likes strawberries, lovely gardens are a variety of birds.
~
The place was just beautiful.
~
There was so much to see

~
And so much to pick
~
So many cute birds that were friendly
~
~
~
~
Amazing Scenery
~
Wish I had one of these in my backyard!
~
Couldn't help but eat a few.
~
~
Good for tourists.
~
Guess Kailen couldn't refuse eating them either.
~
~
Juicy Juicy!
~
~
Love the paint job
~
The animals were so neat
~
~


~



~



~

They had an inside gourmet store.


~

So much to choose from


~


~


As the kids were picking out candies, I heard a child running into the store screaming. NO NOT MY KID.

Kailen got stung by a bee. First time I ever removed a stinger.
(Didn't appreciate me taking a picture of it, but he survived.) He did feel better in the car after eating his candy.

~

My favorite soda in the world. Birch Beer.


~

Sugey was done, for the moment, with picture taking.


~
And Off We Went On A Nice Winter Day


To the beach, to fish off the pier


~

Does it look like winter?


~
Not to me.

~
~
True fisherman at heart.
The only one of us to catch a fish
~
This is what a cold front looks like coming in.
~
And this was my knitting that I tried to knit. (Fingers were frozen)
~
And this is where my knitting bag sat the whole time. Lonely on the floor.
~
The sad thing is, it was only 65!
Fort Lauderdale's Coast Line



And the end of our "Winter" day.

5 comments:

NJ said...

I have to laugh at your post. Love the pictures of your kids. When my children were young we made several trips to Florida to take a break from the winter in March. I remember one day after a day at Busch Gardens, we returned to our condo where the kids wanted to go for a swim before bed. Well it was 34F. In Canada I would never let my kids go for a swim in that cold temperature but we let them because the pool was warm and they yelled up at us when they were coming up and we were ready with the towels to dry them off.

My dad spends most of his winters in Florida. I envy him sometimes but I also think the winter makes us enjoy the warm weather that much more.

Carol said...

Wow! Sure was a full day! You got some great shots and really represent So FL in a grand way!I got strawberries today too, though not nearly the fun way you did. Mine were from Publix. Le sigh...

Mrs. Homesteader said...

That is *so* mean!

KnittingintheRed said...

This was definitely one of my FAVORITE trips of all time. I LOVE all the comments. (:

Anonymous said...

Oh I loved these pictures of FL. (we lived there for 8yrs in late 90's..plus I was born there) I remember the snowless Christmas and such, but I love the views and attractions. LOVE strawberry picking..use to go to my hubby's state GA and pick...just a fun experience. Strawberries just make you smile :)