Friday, October 28, 2011

SAFF = Death Defying Peeping Toms

 It's always fun to travel with friends.

 


 The strangest things happen. Like knocking on a random hotel stayers door and thinking it's someone you know.

 ~



 But let's rewind to the car trip. Which was amazing yet dangerous in so many ways.




 This was about 7ish and the mist from the river was flowing in.




~



 Off to the Bat Cave.

  

 Not really, but a damn cool road sign.


~



 YAY SAFF!


  




 ~


 SAFF is a different kind of fiber festival. You can actually buy live animals including sheep or bunnies.



 Of course I was told there would be no livestock allowed in the car ride home.



~




So I focused on the non-living aspects of the show.


  


 Very very cool weaving table.



~


 Can you imagine felting something this big?




~


 I have to say, this was one of the funnest trips I've taken. I adore my knitting friends and to see the beauty of the mountains, laugh, be introduced to a delicious Japanese dish, laugh some more, spend time knitting together in a hotel room, talking and more talking and of course defying those cliffs. It was amazing.




 ~

 The scenery was most awesome although I had no reception during most of it.




 ~



We took lots of pictures.





 ~




 Blue Ridge Mountains are breathtaking.




 ~


Amazing colors.







 ~





  

  The elevation was around 4,000 feet here.


 ~









 ~




 Knitting and traveling goes well together.



 Try getting your knitting in a perfect mountain picture. Not easy while driving.




~


On the home-front






FDH I love this hat.




~




 My own design.





 ~





 Had to frog this at SAFF. Going to combine it with a thicker yarn. This yarn is soft and nice to work with.




 ~





My own design again. This fox hat is cute!





 ~


Started another slouchy hat. 

 Yarn from SAFF

http://vividcreationfibers.myshopify.com/



 ~




 Kids


 Sugey received a certificate for the Apple Orchard we visited.


 ~


Mark took the boys on a tour of the local firehouse. 




 ~


 Which even had a firehouse dog. Yes, this is country.



 ~

 On my shelf


Awesome fantasy book I had no idea how much I would LOVE it!

And this helpful chart is most excellent. 

~

On the Flix


Very interesting. Shows a whole different lifestyle. I'm very into teaching tolerance.  



 ~



 Randomosity




 ~

 How cute.



 I've always wanted a chicken or duck. Now it's possible with this cool diaper!





No comments: