Friday, October 3, 2008

Love in Disguise

Love comes in many forms often disguised.

~


Today, was one of those slow relaxing homeschooling days.



We did an Opera unit and listened to The Barber of Seville. It was great! I didn't realize that many of the songs I could recognize.





This site is one that I used for listening to the whole track. It gives you an overview first, and then the next track is the music. It even has a downloadable teacher's manual.



~


My second love of the day.






Yarn of course. Hacho to be exact.




~



They are just so beautiful. It is 100% hand dyed Merino Wool from Peru. This is what the tag reads " Peru's heritage and culture of textile artistry is one of the richest in the world. Without the shepherds tending their animals in the Peruvian highlands we would not have this beautiful luxurious yarns. By purchasing it you are supporting the children of these shepherds and the continuation of this tradition. A portion of every purchase is dedicated directly to the funding of a school in the remote area of Munani in the region of Puno. To find out more visit http://www.mirasolperu.com/


~
Before my little yarn shop outing, I stopped by Barnes and Noble to get the first book we are reading for the homeschool book club.

The City of Ember.

http://www.jeanneduprau.com/books.shtml

I can't wait to start reading it to the kids. Sometimes, I pick books that I read aloud to them. One of my favorite read aloud books was The Chronicles of Narnia. I highly recommend it as a read aloud book.

We hope to finish the book before the movie comes out.

~


After coming home.......


The kids were able to enjoy a little time in the pool.



~



A little funny picture of the day.

I "borrowed" this off my knitting group. For some reason, it made me laugh.

Tomorrow, I will be working on my Chemistry Unit, and making the second set of socks for "Mommy and Me". (The socks I am making for the Sugey Bear and I)

No comments: