Thursday, October 23, 2008

Nature and Harmony

This is one of those weeks when it seems a black cloud has been over my head. I strongly believe that even amidst all the negativity, bad energy produces more bad energy. So as much as things get you down, keep your head up and keep giving and giving.

This is a Buddhist picture that I find extremely beautiful.

Represents peace and harmony to me. Plus the colors are inspiring. Rainbow is my favorite.

So, in keeping with peace and harmony, I present one of my favorite poems by Robert Frost.

~

Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening


Whose woods these are I think I know.

His house is in the village though;

He will not see me stopping here

To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer

To stop without a farmhouse near

Between the woods and frozen lake

The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake

To ask if there is some mistake.

The only other sound's the sweep

Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep,

And miles to go before I sleep.

So lovely.



~



A lot of people ask why I knit. Well, it's very peaceful. It actually produces gamma brain waves, which monks have been associated with. I use it as therapy. Here is a very interesting article written about it.

This is one of my first attempts at spinning yarn.

This is a drop spindle and on it, is pure alpaca roving.

~

I have finished the Branching out scarf for my aunt.

Next, I will be making one for my other aunt. I do have a bunch of great aunts and uncles. (:

~

I received my first shipment in my Dexter stitch marker club.

Of course, the wonderful Torii made these. I absolutely love the egg one. The one on the blue background represents the opening scene of the show. She hit it right on!!!!!!

~

Homeschooling Update
~
This week we are learning about the atmosphere and the earth's beginning.


Here is our experiment on how much oxygen the atmosphere contains.



First, we got a bowl and put a candle in the middle. Then, filled it with colored water.
Keep a glass nearby to cover the candle completely.



Light the candle and then cover it with the glass.





Once the candle is out, the water will fill 1/5 of the cup. This shows that the air in the atmosphere has 1/5 percent of oxygen in it.





Here the kids are drawing diagrams of how the earth began. Did you know that the first cell started in water? Everything on this earth, came from the torrential rains that covered the earth.

~

Which brings me to Kailen's boyscout meeting.



Just a little funny mixed it. (: It did downpour today and we were caught in it during the meeting.



Kailen learning his Citizenship Badge.


No comments: